Wednesday 15 August 2018

Expectation for Critical Literacy

Hi guys!

How was your day today?
I hope everything went well for all of you.

I am Ain Suhaimi, Diploma in English Communication student which now is in semester 4. In this semester, we do have variety of subjects including Critical Literacy.

Do you know what Critical Literacy is? Whoaa.. It sounds so complicated right. Of course, I have heard a lot of comments and maybe grievances from the seniors about it and of course most of them make me quite worried to enter this hectic semester.

To be honest, as a student, I am afraid when it comes to this critical subject. In the first place, I expected the class will be boring and difficult to understand since our lecturer, Ms Anis has informed us that we need to think out of the box and be creative. The topics given need us to search what are actually some of the article are all about in order to sharpen our thinking skills.

For me, Critical Literacy is an interesting subject as in it gives me a lot of new knowledge and important information on how to identify every single reading method that we have in detail. Maybe for some students, it is rigid to find the information one by one but then it does helps us a lot in terms of understand the text provided better. The method somehow taught the student to think critically and not burdening them. As for us, we do have VIVA presentation at the end of the semester and we have to stand strong to support our opinion by answering all the questions given by the panels. It is clearly shows that this course will train them to be ready to face all the upcoming obstacles in their future time.

I do love this course as in it influences me in many ways, but with a condition which I have to revise and revise what I have learnt about the previous topic in the class. Not to forget, don’t hesitate to ask your lecturers if something confusing your mind as in it will distract you to get the answer.  

Thus, I really hope that I can master it well and have good result for my VIVA presentation that can help me to pass this course with flying colours.


That’s all for today, thank you for your time!



No comments:

Post a Comment

One question, am I almost done?

Hi! Nice to meet you guys. For your knowing, I have almost completed this semester 4, can’t wait for the next semester to gain more ...